Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sometimes the best decisions are the hardest...

I was on a roll. I was doing well. What happened? I don't know. I could blame it on stress. I could blame it on work. I could blame it on a lot of things. I could even blame it on myself. However, I have been working really hard at not being too hard on myself because sometimes in life for all of us making the best decisions in life are the hardest ones to make. It might be as simple as making the decision to get up in the morning to go to the gym...that's a hard decision to make. It might be as difficult as putting down the bottle and not drinking anymore...that's a hard decision to make. For me, today, it was not eating the cake that was being served at a super bowl party...and you know I did it. However, when I went to the next party there was ice cream and I ate that.

If I don't loose another pound, if I even gain weight from here on out I have at least learned a very valuable lesson. God has a plan for me. Somehow this journey is in His plan... and for me He has great things. Right now I just have to learn how to be comfortable with the uncomfortable, and I have to learn to trust in Him. If we do recall He did promise us great things. I have to have trust in that. I have to run with that and know that He will never let me fall or falter unless it is to allow me to learn a lesson.

1 comment:

  1. I think by eating that ice cream he let you learn a lesson. I think you got it. Lauren, your doing so good. Your inspiring others -- can't wait to see what he has in store for you!!!

    ReplyDelete